Saturday, April 28, 2012

New Graphic!

(I know, I said I needed a new graphic for this blog, but I've been busy. Or lazy. :P)

Hello everyone!

Over the past few days, I spent several hours on this graphic.

(I know, the top of the head is cut off. I didn't plan ahead. And there are those little edgy things around the edges. Ack, I don't know how to make it straight!)

I scoured the Internet to find graphic tutorials and found these two to be amazingly helpful:


It is amazingly simple, but time consuming to make the hair that way. I think it looks much more professional and cleaner that way, instead of shading or using the burn tool. 


There are three ways in this tutorial to make the skin. Any one of them makes the skin look so much cleaner, but again, they are time consuming. But so worth it. I used the "Shady Lady" way.

Anyway, I hope you find these tutorials to be helpful in your graphic design making. Remember, I'm only an amateur in graphic design creating, and if you are too, look what you can do! Just practice a ton, and you'll get it perfect. :)


8 comments:

  1. It's great, but the shape of the bent arm looks slightly wrong, and maybe there's a bit too much shading on the dress? I think the folds shouldn't be so dark! Other than that, it's perfect!
    And btw thank you for the tutorial links, I will use them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate your constructive criticism. Yes, the arm is a bit too large. (When my sister saw the graphic she said, "Why's that arm so fat?") Hm, okay, yeah, the shading is kinda dark now that I look at it. I'm still practicing on these things. (Weird how I, being the maker, don't notice these things, but the public does.):)

      Delete