Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Info + Snowflakes...

(I think it's time for a change in my banner - new one (maybe) next week!)

Now, let's all thank Manny for giving the Stardoll Chatterbox a new look! :) It's pretty cool; love the fresh look of it! 

After a few experiments of types of posts to post (like nail ideas, stuff about me, graphic designs, or real life), I'm still deciding. I hope you just like the randomness of my posts. :)

Now, I am going to start a little story thing. I don't know; just trying new things out here and there by being inspired by other writers. And I love writing stories! 

I'm going to name these little pieces - *Snowflakes*
(I know, I know. Summer's coming but I'm making a winter story. I just like the winter a bunch!)

**********************

Marissa worriedly took a glance outside her cabin's window. Snow was coming. The heavy, grey clouds signaled the coming of it. She pulled herself away from the window to tend to the fireplace, where a hungry fire ate at the logs. Though she was warmed by the heat as flames licked her fingertips, she felt an eerie chill run over her skin.

She remembered the horrifying things she had experienced before arriving at this haven. The excruciating pain she felt, running for her life with an injured leg. All that deep, red blood, staining the snow. Leaving her boyfriend and best friend behind. She shook the thought out of her mind. No, no, she didn't kill them. She couldn't help them. They were helpless. She fought the tears threatening to break out into waterfalls. 

Scritch. Scratch. The sounds startled Marissa, and she jumped up from the fireplace. There. The sounds again. No, it can't be, she thought. It can't. She grabbed a poker for the fireplace, the closest weapon she could find. Again, the sounds continued. She searched for where they could be coming from. No. The roof. There's nowhere to hide. No way to go outside. Her heart beat quickly and hard; the sounds were almost deafening. Her breath quickened as a splinter of wood fell from the ceiling. They can't be getting through. No. She didn't know what to do. She desperately scanned the petite cabin for a hiding place. 

There it was. A small little latch at the far end of the cabin, in the corner. It must be a cellar of some sort, she thought. It has to be. A few more small pieces fell from above. The snow had started falling outside. She had to make a run for it. Before those heavy breathing beasts came through...

TO BE CONTINUED...in my next post :)

***********************
So, I hope you liked that! I'm usually best at writing suspense/horror/scary stories. Be sure to read my next post, maybe tomorrow or the next day, to read what happens next in...

*SNOWFLAKES*

No comments:

Post a Comment