Saturday, June 30, 2012

Who Do You Think I Am?

I stand, my shoulders slumped, my knees bent, my head hanging and a fake smile plastered on my face. My eyes reveal my true emotions, the sadness, the hurt, the tiredness. This game has been going on too long now, the enjoyment is over. Yet, my master clings to my strings. Their cold eyes and evil smirk stare down at me. A glint crosses their eyes and they jerk my hand. It hits my face but my smile never falls because it can't, I can't control myself. That's when I do the unimaginable. I breathe in and look up. A real smile fills my face and I notice their expression change. They can't control me, only I can. Their eyes widen and their grip on my strings loosen until they are hanging at my sides. I smile, a smile for freedom. The next minute I run off, leaving my master behind. They are not my master any longer, because I am free, free from my strings. I am no longer puppet, no longer easy manipulated. I am free.

"Who do you think YOU are, who do you think I am?" (Lyrics from Taken by One Direction)

I guess that's how I felt before I left Stardoll, I was innocent, easy manipulated, easy to target. After I came to my senses I deleted my account, too much drama for me to handle and people know the fuss their was. I had to leave that world and I thank myself for doing so. Now I have gotten into blogging, which has improved my writing.

Now that I have abandoned that world, I feel free. I feel like a bird who has just learned to fly. I have discovered myself, I have basically found my real self. That old self-conscious me is braver and more confident. I still carry a few traits but I don't miss that other world I was part of and I am glad to come back home.

Sara and Manny were right. There are two worlds, reality and a virtual world. There is a fine line between them both, one tip and you could stay in one. I'm happy that I am part of both but I think reality will help me in the future.

It was nice to have you Stardoll but you exploited me, you exploited me too far that I finally realised the better.

Niamh

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on leaving Stardoll! I have been on it for about two years and I still haven't grown out of it. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful post. I've considered leaving Stardoll, but like many others, think it's a peaceful little niche to hide out in. I rarely get into any drama; for me Stardoll is a place to have fun and take it easy. There is that line between reality and the virtual world, and yes, it's good that you chose to keep your reality the priority in your life. So, in all sincerity, good for you and I hope you have a much better time in your real life. :]

    ReplyDelete